Saturday, April 10, 2004

I got here on the 27th of February 2003. Things were different then. I had just quit my job in Jaipur and decided to travel south to visit my relatives here. This was after a brief stop-over at IIT Bombay for about 15days, scouting for an RA position. I never got the project of my taste. But the place was beautiful. I stayed at the SAMEER Guest house and literally fell in love with the campus of IIT Powai. Most memorable event: Watching the screening of Mr. & Mrs. Iyer at the IITB Audi. And enjoying all those jibes on south Indians.. somehow, everybody just laughed.

I moved to Bangalore after that, and spent a week there. This was at the IISc Campus. This place is supposed to be heaven for ambitious Engineers. I scouted for an RA position at CEDT and the MEMS Centre. These places were big-time happening. But that didn't happen. However, It was one helluva lovely place.. Memorable event: Watching Cliffhanger in the Badminton court, which is reachable via the IISc overbridge. Hmm.. this was a totally different experience allright..

I had spent about 21 days away from home. With little success. Pissed off and irritated, I just wanted to go home. Fate had planned otherwise.

I had no confirmed tickets for home from Bangalore. I got a call from my Aunt in Chennai to come-over and spend a few days with her and Uncle. Hmm.. I thought. Chennai ? Me. No thank you. Waste of time. Waste of money. What'll I do there ?

I landed in Chennai in Feb. end. The place was hot. Unpleasant, after Bangalore. By the time I got home, I was drenched in sweat and was double irritated.

Its 10th April 2004 today. I've spent more than a year here. I got my RA at IITM. I completed my tenure there. And the last one year here, has changed my impression of the place - totally. Everything, except of course, the unfriendly autowallahs. But then, one can't obviously judge a city by its autowallahs ?! Thank God, I'm here. I'm loving it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home