Sunday, April 18, 2004

Mandakini Hostel, a.k.a. Mandak had its Hostel Nite. Akki invited me. The entire Mandak had changed. Typically its dull with hostelites' undies drying on the strings. And usually a group playing footer. And of course one lone security guard announcing '347, Local Call Online'.

But tonite was different. The main entrance had a Disco Ball firmly in place. A torch projected a green light onto it. And there was light music playing in the background. This was at 7PM. The walls were plastered with descriptions of the inmates, alongwith a wacko photo for good measure. They call it Profile.

This was like a farewell for the outgoing batch. There had to be good food and an even better dance floor. The other part of the field was done up nice and proper - the garden and all.

The booze flowed in the rooms. Thanks to Dee, we guys helped ourselves to Romanov and Old Monk, followed by Unlimited Pizza from Pizza Corner. I don't know if those dopecats were on some cost-cutting spree, but no ketchup or chilli-flakes were served. Yeah, but who was in it for the Pizza anyway ?

Danced till 12:30 AM. One helluva party. There was everything - Bhangra, Rock, Tam, Gult, you name it. Awesome.

My black shoes turned red in the IIT sand. My white shirt is a shade lighter than pink. But the party was awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amit Jain said...

Well, that night was special for me too. I felt so nostalgic remembering my Valfi day. Also I got excellent idea of Music and DJ .. we don't have that concept in IITB Valfi. Will definately suggest that to my juniors.
And yes, it takes a lot of efforts to post a comment on your blog. Can u make it easier?

Wed May 12, 05:42:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home