Sunday, May 30, 2004

Sunday was hilarious. I was in the mood for some North Indian gravy-laced food for dinner. At the Vasant Bhavan restaurant (close to Gemini): on the menu.. I read 'Chilli Paratha'.. sounds interesting. I interpret that to be a spicy Paratha, which would complement a dish of Paneer Butter Masala superbly..

And what do I get ? I almost sweared at the waiter when he got me a bowl of, what-appeared-to-be roasted Potato fries and spicy-fried Chana. Just to be sure, I ask him what it was ? Oh.. that's the Chilli Paratha. It turns out, that the Potato Chips were actually pieces of sliced paratha which had been fried. So what am I to eat the PBM with ? Well, down here.. the PBM comes with complimentary Roti (default) or Naan (if you ask for it). I enjoyed the CP (with Ketchup - I thought they were fries, remember ?). As for the Paneer Butter Masala, I cancelled it in order to finish my CP. Dunno what type to classify the CP dish. Safe to call it sub-continental, Indian sub-continental, I presume ?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home