Sunday, May 02, 2004

Today was amazingly planned. There was a Cherry Red Enfield Bullet Electra at hand. This baby had to be put to good use. My mileage reading was 14760 when I saw it first and noted it down (for posterity !).

With a lovely bike at hand. What could be better than a long ride ? Another visit to Udavum Karangal ! This time I took along Nappies and Boost 'is the secret of my Energy'. It didn't hurt me to ask for a discount from Mr. Chemist - I told him that this was for the kiddies at Udavum Karangal and I would appreciate a discount. The Gentleman from M/s. Sri Kamatchi Medicals & Stores, #70 P.H. Road, Koyambedu gladly obliged.

Got there at 12PM, which is kinda siesta time for the kids. So I only got to meet the kids at the Air-conditoned Creche. Its a good thing they look after the little ones so well. The place smells like a dairy plant, though, with all that milk being cooked inside the same hall ! They looked healthy. One dopey pooed over his cot and the nurse just grabbed him (with legs dangling) and led him to the washroom. It was funny. One baby wanted to hold my hand. She was real tiny with even tinier fingers. But she clung on to my hand somehow. She seemed to be liking it, 'coz she wouldn't let go. They told me that I shouldn't get sooo friendly, 'coz she cries when its bye-bye time. I liked that place. And somehow that baby didn't cry. Once again, I felt happier when I left.

Headed home to me Aunt's place after that. There was delicious Baby corn ! Lunch was Finger-lickin' good. Thought it would be a good idea to watch Main Hoon Na at Mayajaal. Mansukh had tried for the tickets at Satyam on Friday, and he had been informed that even the Sunday last show was sold out ! Mayajaal was the only other theatre screening the movie and 'I' was Vetty. So I headed to MJaal. The ride was awesome. I took the beauty to a smooth 30kmph fourth gear steady. She hummed. Perfect. Reached the place after about 45 minutes. Maybe more. That ECR thing is one good road. Its among the few roads that I really appreciate after the superb Jaipur-New Delhi expressway. But Mayajaal came as a rude shock. In spite of reaching there at 1545 hrs., there were no tickets for the 1730 show. You could, however, get one of the 13 first row seats for the 2030 show. Yuck. Who's gonna stick around ? I buzzed off and headed for the beach. You don't know what beach I'm talking about. This one can be approached by taking the lane opposite the Dental Hospital - right after the ECR Toll Booth. Its lovely. Unpolluted. Virgin. Really. Very few ppl., actually venture onto that territory. The bike got stuck. Yeah right. The back-ache which is still on, is a result of the bullet-lifting I did, to get my baby out of the sand. Its a good thing that one has learnt from past experience that putting dry palm leaves below the wheel might just get you a better grip. It worked.. after one full hour of exasperation. The important thing is knowing - 'this baby wouldn't let me down !'

The other highlight of the evening was the lovely Papaya Shake at Nandhiniee, inside IITM. The guy still gives you one shake free if you order two. Man, was I hungry !

Spencer's has a 'Fruitshop on Greams Road' on the top floor in Phase III. Maybe this isn't news to most ppl. But it was a welcome surprise for me. With absolutely pathetic navigational skills in regards to Chennai, I was more than happy to relish the juice at their Spencer Plaza outlet. I still need to figure out how to get to the main one. Worked well, though. Re-energized me just enough to get home and survive a bath. I was at Sukh Sagar at Anna Nagar after that. This one's right next to the Thurakia Opticians showroom near Rountana. The fud is gud. Real gud. And the icecream is even better. The only thing that annoyed me is that the waiters are overcourteous to inform you that there's no dessert after dinner. That was done deliberately, because they shut down the dining area at 11PM on the dot. I guess some Army Man runs the shop. Came home, noted my closing reading to be 14893, and crashed. It had been a lovely Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home