Thursday, August 12, 2004

What is God's own Country famous for ?
Oil Massage ? Onam ? Kathakali ? Mundu ? Export quality lobsters ? Toddy ?

Neh, I say. I had this superb Mallu dish when I was in Class VII at a buddy's place in Mumbai. Never again after that, although I've been craving for it ever since. It was one fortunate evening that brought back the wonderful memories of enjoying the Appam again.

For those of you less fortunate souls who have not savoured this Malayali dish, the Appam appears to be a Dosai with an Idli swelling in the centre. The ones prepared at Karaikudi, just at the start of the ECR, were simply superb. Soft and tender and fluffy. Served with sweet Coconut Milk, the stuff tastes brilliant and melts in your mouth. Because the other dishes were chilly hot, one wants to keep alternating between the spice and the sweet.

Shombit's Mom's birthday treat ended in a large helping of lovely Payasam. Irresistible. I really have plenty to do when I visit Kerala.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home