Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Cedars. In Kotturpuram. The most brilliant Mediterranean cuisine, most of which I have no clue of how to pronounce. Dim lighting and superbly done up decor characterized the place. I really liked the neatly framed photographs on the walls. And the unique set of lampshades.

He he.. The waiters do understand Tamil, but they reply only in English. And they know their Menu cards with the proper pronounciations. I think the only thing I pronounced correctly was the 'Kahwe' which was spectacular. It was served in a cup tiny enough to wash a lovely Barbie doll's feet.

I'm trying really hard to recall what all I ate. Well there were prawns with some yellow cream and sweet salad - mouth watering. Mushrooms cooked in wine. Chicken wings with fantastic pudina chutney. And an Arabian fish with pilaf, which I think, means rice. The fish was boneless, and I really mean absolutely no bone. Loved every bit of it with the accompanying yoghurt-like preparation. I also had brownies with Kulwa cream - and although I've never relished nuts, the dark nutty chocolate tasted brilliant with the cream. And the brownies. Oh man..

Am not over yet. Got treated to a cheery flavoured Sheesha. You kinda inhale the thing longer than a cigarette, making a soft gurgling sound in the contraption. And when you exhale, you get a lovely white mist and feel good all over. The tobacco plus cherry fragrance was overwhelming. Add to it the soft strings from Lebanon or Turkmenistan that played through the evening. Pacified. Is the only word that comes to my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home