Friday, September 24, 2004

I got my Enfield Machismo today...1721hrs to be precise. That's a 346cc cubic capacity and 163kgs of metal. I weigh about 57kgs after a heavy dinner. Although she looks big and imposing, someone demonstrated starting her - with one hand. Yeah. There's no electric push button start in mine. You just use a gentle leg stroke to bring her revving to life !

My first visit was to the temple. I didn't really know what was happening and except for my name, there was not much info I could provide to the Swamiji. He found it pretty weird that this biker doesn't know his own moon sign. Even if I did know it, how would I tell him the Tamil equivalent ? But the Gods were happy.

I squeezed two lemons, one under each wheel. That's for the destruction of all evil. Man.. those lemons were juicy. I would have preferred crushing some of the cashew and almonds which my Mum insists on me devouring. They always disgust.

Thank goodness we have something like the East Coast Road. The ride gets interesting only past the toll gate. It feels nice to be able to ride 20km down a road on MY OWN BIKE, drink a Cola and come back.

My roomies were ecstatic about my new posession. The best part is that the thrum of the bike is so powerful, that you don't need to honk to call the guys out !

I also caught up with Kaus and Malaniman at IIT. Took them for a round and nearly got chased by Campus Security for riding triples on the bike. Malaniman, is normally the unusually sincere types, but he now wanted to go for a longer ride, and we settled for Le Meridien. The pleasures of enjoying icecream at 4AM are one of a kind. And those of tipping everybody, right down to the sweet chappy who just smiles at you while you start your bike, are of another kind. I don't recall having spent so much time on the roads ever. And the weekend had only just begun..

2 Comments:

Blogger ~ythee~ said...

Whew ! Machismo.. u better put on some weight now. One of the easiest way to feel her power is to feel the exhaust pounding when u stand behind her.

You like things that are juicy...! yeah I get the cue, You really are fetish :-) remember the way u had that Kulfi in DHaba Express !!!

Mon Sept 27, 05:54:00 pm  
Blogger Just Me said...

Deep Purple's "Highway Star" lyrics:
"Nobody's gonna beat my ...
she's gonna take the speed of sound.

Ooh, it's a devil's machine
she's got everything

I love her
I need her..."

Wed Sept 29, 12:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home