Sunday, September 26, 2004

Started the day with the bike wash. And that reminded everybody of Sardar. Its a good thing that I had watched him wash his bike, religiously each day. So it didn't seem painful when I did it myself. He and his Machismo have moved to Hyderabad now.. greener pastures ! Incidentally, most people in the neighbourhood who passed by me while I cleaned MY bike - gave me the look that they pitied me - for being forced into cleaning my elder brother's bike. Duhh.

Prema cooked excellent fish for us. And Dilip experimented with his own version of Bisi bela Bhath. It was a good attempt, except it looked more like fried rice prepared..umm.. differently. Bottomline is, it tasted great with the fish. This time around too, we had scraped the cooker clean.

Picked up Shombit from Nandanam and went shopping at General Patters Road. This is the place to visit, if you're shopping for helmets. Only if you can figure out how to get there. The only directions we had were, that its behind the imposing LIC building on Mount Road. I'm horrible at shopping, so it was great when Shombit and the lady-at-the-counter nodded in sync at my choice.

I had clocked about 100km in 24hrs and now happen to know a reasonable part of Mount Road and Nungambakkam quite well. But I'm still to figure out the Gemini Flyover intersection. Its probably the most confusing criss-cross in Chennai.

2 Comments:

Blogger M Rex said...

Hmm,wear a helmet which doesnt show your face and wear a leather jacket when you drive.It may help,but am not sure it would work :-P

Thu Sept 30, 05:53:00 am  
Blogger M Rex said...

Hmm I heard your bike broke down at Lemeridien..thats a wonderful way to embellish a bad situation

Thu Sept 30, 05:55:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home