Sunday, February 13, 2005

Cheeru is out of town. And Cheeru being Cheeru, he asked me to deliver flowers to HIS girl this morning. The fun part is that he has never done something special for V-day in the brief 24years of his exciting existence. Incidentally, gifting flowers on Valentine's Day is not my idea of showering affection on women, but the prospect of treading on unventured turf seemed exciting..

Cheeru had taken the trouble of identifying the 'correct' florist. So I just had to go to 'our' man, collect and finally deliver the goods. V-Day is indeed rosy for them florists. This chap was open even before our neighbourhood Dhobi had pulled up his shutters. All this while, I've never spotted our flowerman or his little shop, just next to the Corporation Bank ATM in lovely Indira Nagar.

I was the only person at the shop so early in the morn. And the flowers I bought. The roses were fresh and delicate. Had trouble balancing them on my girl's tank. The thing is, when you're taking extra trouble to get something done well, everybody will be there to notice. I got a LOT of attention with them flowers. Most people on the streets don't obviously know how to react, to watching a person carry gorgeous flowers for a buddy's girlfriend. If you look close enough, you can see them turning green. Ha ha. Bliss.

As for the errand.. I've already received umpteen messages profusely thanking me for the job well done. And even his girl called (after having recovered from the shock, after a good 20minutes!). And as the news spreads, I've had delivery requests coming in from Visakhapatanam.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Just me, I was laughing my head off after reading this post....just imagining you delivering roses.. hey could you deliver one to me?? - Phoebe

Sun Feb 13, 10:40:00 pm  
Blogger Just Me said...

Anytime.. for the cause.. Just leave your address, and pray, do tell me who you are..

Deliveries are restricted to Chennai city limits only, except of course, that you're drop dead gorgeous and single.

Mon Feb 14, 02:41:00 am  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Hi again! well, the delivery is well within city limits allright and ur recepient is single! Aint today ur lucky day?- phoebespacy@yahoo.com

Mon Feb 14, 09:04:00 pm  
Blogger ~ythee~ said...

the flower delivery trick seems to be working

Tue Feb 15, 05:35:00 pm  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

thanks just me... nice virtual flowers.. sure didnt expect it..

Wed Feb 16, 02:38:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ythee, what exactly do you mean?

Wed Feb 16, 03:02:00 am  
Blogger Just Me said...

Yeah Dude.. What'd'ya mean ? You can send them too, ya know.. If it makes you happy.. ;-)

Wed Feb 16, 05:08:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bingo !! Our 'Just Me' seems of getting some fruits of the v-day exercise finally!!! True, God help those who help Cheeru !!! ;-)

Thu Feb 17, 08:59:00 pm  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Oh no! Not another ythee-like comment!!! If I could roll my eyes in type, I would!!

Mon Feb 21, 10:47:00 pm  
Blogger Just Me said...

Cheeru.. you just pissed the lady off.. ;-))

Mon Feb 21, 11:47:00 pm  
Blogger Amit Jain said...

(-; esiugsid ni nemo doog a eb ot smees tahT

Wed Feb 23, 12:26:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Phoebes, your name sounds impressive, any special reason to take this?

Wed Feb 23, 12:29:00 am  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

hi anon, are u talking about accidental fame junkie or phoebe.. i am both :) AFJ was something I made up as a display name for a messenger...modelled after Alanis Morisette's "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie." I liked it so much that I stuck with it. :) Phoebe is quite ordinary from Phoebe of "Friends" fame.

Sat Feb 26, 04:43:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds impressive !! Are you some lit freak? seems like.

Mon Feb 28, 08:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home