Thursday, December 23, 2004

Was at Giorgio this evening. Its a little confusing - the place. They probably run three food outlets from the same location at Besant Nagar - so you have all these people with PizzaWorld, Giorgio and Kebab-something on their lapels.

I ate at Giorgio. They played all the danceable beat-packed numbers and it kind of made the long wait for the food a little tolerable. This is the first time I had pork in my soup - the 'American Gumbo' tasted different and nice.

The Menu cards at Giorgio are a bit bewildering. Once you've leafed through one of them, just ask if they have something else to offer, and the waiter presents an 'Indian Menu', a 'Sunday Dessert Menu' and also a 'Pizza Menu'. I think these guys are trying too hard to cater to everybody's palate.

I tried this Chinese dish called Dim Sum (Oh yes, there's the country flag for every dish on the Menu). Delicately minced chicken in some sort of flour covering - probably deep-fried (from all that oil oozing out). But it tasted great with the spicy accompaniment.

The Menu description for the Cuban Medianoche sandwich was terrific and I proceeded to order just that. After what seemed like eons, they served me a sandwich which had none of the ingredients highlighted in the Menu. I actually asked the waiter to point out 'What lies beneath' my Cuban crust. They actually 'realized' they'd served me the all-cheese, no-meat version. First its late and second, its not even what I ordered. Had it sent back for the dish I wanted.

Bored as hell, I ordered a Devil's Own chocolate shake which arrived ages later - warm, and tasting like Bournvita. I lost my temper. I don't know how polite I was, but they redid my Chocolate shake with extra ice-cream, extra extra chocolate shrapnel and packed me my Cuban sandwich - no charge. Hours later, that neatly packed sandwich tastes great. I just wish the place (munch) could practice (munch) on providing (munch) better service. He he.

3 Comments:

Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I have eaten at Giorgio's and I found it a pleasant experience. The menu was veru detailed. So what if it has flags. Ignore 'em if you dont like them! Try the Jamaican Jerk Chicken or the Thai curry next time! :)

Wed Feb 16, 04:03:00 am  
Blogger Just Me said...

Yeah.. Sounds like a good idea. I haven't been treated in a long time.. so when's your birthday ?

Mon Feb 21, 11:53:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ate recently with a business client of mine from Italy at Giorgio. It was a wednesday and the restaurant was full. My guest who had been travelling all over the country and staying at 5 star properties all across was really deligeted to see the varied menu at Giorgio. We tried the Jamaican Jerk and Dim Sum. It was really awesome. We also had fusion pasta called :Florentene curry pasta or something like that. It was mindblowing. The service was not bad at all and the food was very good. It was good value for money and my Italian guest was glad he was not eating in the 5 star hotel that he was staying in. I am happy that Chennai now has a restaurant where we can take business clietns and yet not pay 5 star rates.

Sun Apr 10, 10:28:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home