Monday, December 27, 2004

Watched Rituparno Ghosh's splendid adaptation of William Sydney Porter's 'The Gift of the Magi'. Raincoat.

Stumped. Floored. Mesmerized.

Still from Raincoat

No histrionics. It looked like everything was a natural and spontaneous performance. I'm in love with the script. And however hard I try, I've once again tripped for Aish. But best of all, I loved Sheela Bhabhi's character (played by Mouli Ganguly to perfection!) Man, are there people like that ? They must be wonderful to live with..

Its kind of dumb that I went to watch a movie, when a tsunami had just struck my city. Trouble is, that everything around me looked so normal. It was only hours later that I learnt of its catastrophic impact..that too, through the images on TV. And from that onslaught of phonecalls, enquiring whether I'd not been washed away :: I figured some people REALLY were concerned. Thanks All.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amit Jain said...

My god !! Where did you get this picture from? This is "jaan leva" stuff !!! And if you want your blog to be read, do not post such photos. I opened your blof with an intention of reading all the due post but cann't help ogling at splendid Ash.

Wed Dec 29, 09:48:00 pm  
Blogger ~ythee~ said...

Ash.. man, I have no words !

Thu Dec 30, 12:52:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home