Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Me and my baby went out for a spin this evening. I just got lucky and it started to rain. Considering the source and the destination, I was to cover a cool 10km one-way. And it didn't rain all the way. It was just bits of rainpour on a stretch, followed by a light drizzle on another and parched dry on some segments. But the stuff was enough to get me all excited. Its just so much fun to have raindrops cover the helmet visor. And I deliberately didn't put on my windcheater. So it was a dry head, and a lightly soaked button-down shirt and formal trousers. Little things to make me happy !

As per Cheeru's well-intimated plan, the third day of eating-out meant another assembly at home. I had been cribbing about the timing and had arranged for everyone to meet at 1900hrs sharp. So, when the rains played naughty, and I took my own sweet time to get home at 2000hrs, I was in for a painful surprise.

Reminds me of the birthday bumps at college. When all the people I knew, and even the others I didn't, gathered together to hang me by my limbs, and then kick my ass, literally.

Only this time, it wasn't college. And it wasn't my birthday. And this was no celebration. This is what I got for asking everybody to be on time, and everybody (surprisingly) turning up on time, and me not showing up.

BTW, in order of muscle power, this is how I rate their kicks:
Robbie < Delta < Cheeru <<< Dil <<<<< Pondy
I had to beg Pondy to stop. My seat was numb. It still is.

We gathered at Minar, atop Hotel Savera on Cathedral Road. The 'Long Island Iced Tea' served in a tall glass with Vodka, Gin, Rum and Coke (and no tea !) was of considerable help in distracting me from my aching bottom.

Those chaps permit access to the adjacent terrace and the weather was perfect to stand in the open and enjoy the wind in the face, high up on the 11th storey. Then there was the Ghazal singer to play our requests and Cheeru had the Gentleman churning out memorable numbers. This was a night of shayari.

The cocktails (that took 15minutes to arrive from Sparks on the ground floor) continued to flow, and consuming dinner actually got difficult. But while rounding up, we tried every dish listed under Dessert - their Shahi Khazana being one very creative dish with a bread base, while the Gajar ka Halwa and the ping-pong ball sized Gulab Jamun was simply spectacular.

All of us agreed on putting a halt to the incessant eating-out till further notice. Despite all the lovely food, we all were craving for Prema's recipes and Tahir Sadam again..

4 Comments:

Blogger vishnoi said...

:))

bumps :D:D

u made me remember that i have to get back to college within a few weeks..and then i shall be 'treated' to some ass kicking :) loads of b'days coming in :) i am so happy :D

Wed Jun 22, 06:04:00 pm  
Blogger Amit Jain said...

Muscle Power?? U mean it's the muscle power that is needed for Bumps?

Guys, lets prove the order in reverse :-)

Wed Jun 22, 10:42:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just Me Rates

Robbie < Delta < Cheeru <<< Dil <<<<< Pondy

Its a prestige issue on the part of Robbie/Delta/Cheeru

Let the rating reverse...

Let the party begin ;)

Thu Jun 23, 01:09:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes yes ..... we have to reverse the ratings ... as i am not in chennai ... pondy can kick on my behalf ...pondy knows how my bumps are ... :D:D pondy give him as i used to do in iit

Thu Jun 30, 01:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home