Friday, June 10, 2005

Pondy had not anticipated that permitting me to meddle with his Canon PowerShot S1IS would resurrect the film-maker in me. This ad was also the cause for my waking up Cheeru at an unearthly 0545hrs. Jai and Pondy usually beat the Rooster each day, and were more than happy to make themselves available for the shoot.

Zerish was kind enough to lend his Dunlop shades for maximum effect. We shot the first scene at Thiruvanmiyur Beach. After watching the sea being used as a gargantuan bidet, we strongly decided against touching the water. We didn't have a tripod yet, so I squat down, stabilized the Digicam on my kneecap and captured the waves, Cheeru, Jai and a fisherman's boat in one black and white frame. It was lovely. But the 10seconds of shooting took a lot of time and Pondy managed to get us a lot of attention thanks to his Sage-like attire.

I think the winds, the waves and the moment did something to Cheeru. And he insisted on taking us to Besant Nagar Beach. Pondy and I were already starving. We parked our bikes at the Parking lot and Cheeru had us trek about 500m to a broken bridge. Or was it an unfinished bridge ? Discounting the smell, the place was superb. What a view. I could sit there the whole day all by myself if the weather stayed good. The wind velocity was high and I got some excellent shots of the trio.

We spent about half-an-hour chilling out at the wind-loving spot. Until our stomachs were ready to cave-in. The all-new Murugan Idli Shop at Besant Nagar Beach is the place to be at 0800hrs on a pretty Friday morn. Chilled Water in disposable plastic was served in ornate holders. I have never enjoyed drinking water as much. Melt-in-your-mouth Idlis. Vadas that were fried but weren't oily. Piping hot sambhar accompanied with delectable chutney. Then crispy Dosas and finally, Sakara Pongal - that still sets my mouth watering. And the Kaapi.

Cheeru and I met an old lady on our way to wash hands. She couldn't figure how to turn the sensor taps on. Was sufficiently delighted as we demonstrated at the wash basin. And when the cashier returned the change, he gave me an extra Rs.100. Me being me, returned the Rs.100. It could have cost him dearly. Should have captured the grateful smile he gave me. I had started the day in a fine way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God I took the risk of entering what I guessed would be a mad house and was not disappointed !!

Good show and keep it up. I liked what I saw.

NutCracker from Bangalore

Sun Jul 17, 05:39:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home