Monday, September 06, 2004

This was perhaps the laziest day of the trip. Woke up late. Freshened up and headed to Hotel Maharani for breakfast. By now, we had figured the three streets that made up Kumily town. Maharani did have Appams. I was most delighted. But they did not have coconut milk. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I orderd vegetable stew. The Appam was cold but I enjoyed it. Followed it up with a massive Banana pancake.

As I write this, I wonder if there was anything else we did, except eat. After vacating the room, we headed to Hotel Ananda Bhavan, near the bus stand. This one served Non-veg unlike the pure veg Chennai chain. Lunch was ok. Though, I was still trying to figure out why nobody sold Appam with coconut milk in Kumily. Or was it so in entire Kerala ? And the coconut bits put in the curry had now begun to get tiring. It was time to head back home.

Kumily has only one bus for Chennai each day - the 1630bus. Otherwise you go back to C**b** and take the 1930bus from there. This bus was better - no video player. Plenty of leg-room because we got the first seats. The last I remember is stopping at Trichi around 2230hrs. Dinner was cream biscuits and bananas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home