Friday, October 15, 2004

Was at Madhya Kailash for a considerably long period of time in the afternoon. It also happened to coincide with the 'Class Disperse' bell of a nearby College. Its been some time since I just stood still at a place watching other people do their own thing. While the females passed by silently with the I've-got-six-million-chores-to-do-look, the Chennai males appeared to be a peculiar lot, worth this study:

While the belts holding their trousers might be completely out of place, the hair never is. That's because they're combing it all the time. I must have observed dozens of these chaps walk together, probably discuss complex Quanta, and at the same time comb their hair. Occasionally, quite a few of them would stop by the vehicles parked outside the Madhya Kailash Temple, and spend another couple of minutes combing their hair in the rear view mirrors that were on offer. It was amusing initially, then it got tiresome and finally, irritating.. That's because this Narcissist bloke, couldn't help stopping and setting his hair in every mirror that came his way. I was standing right beside her, and this nerd had the nerve to peek into the mirror that graces my beauty. Luckily, he did not adjust the mirror to serve his purpose. And I thought, "Dude. You've infiltrated my personal space. Excusable. But don't dare mess with my girl."

Cooled off at Mansukh Sweets, located on an obscure Ramaswamy Street in T Nagar. I like the Gujaratis allright. They're so sweet. There was sugar in every dish I tried. Is neat, if you're not having it everyday. Overall I liked the Khaman Dhokla, the Kachori and the sweet Pudina chutney. Really loved the thick Lassi, served with a spoon, not a straw ! I don't know what the Cheese toast was doing on a Gujarati Menu, but it tasted great. They ran out of Shrikhand on a Weekday afternoon. And I settled for melts-in-your-mouth Rasmalai. Well-wishers have now suggested that I stop using the word 'awesome' to describe food.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bayesian Observer said...

hi.. you really liked cedars ? Hmm.. It IS freaking expensive though.

Sat Oct 16, 11:22:00 pm  
Blogger M Rex said...

Dude you are taking on the most dangerous animal in chennai,the chennai adolescent male..Better watch your back

Mon Oct 18, 10:37:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home