Saturday, April 30, 2005

Ashu visited me. His last mail went 'Only Yamaraj (the God of Death) can stop me now'. So I knew he would be in Chennai this morning. Most people who don't know Ashu are left in a quandary when he shoots his contextual, yet inscrutable, one-liners.

Before we knew it, we were enjoying the delectable cavatelli at Gallopin' Gooseberries, on Greams Road. The only -ve with that saucy dish, was that some of it found its way onto my shirt. Ashu for some reason, kept silent. I realized something was wrong only after I started getting the 'Ate well, huh ?' look from complete strangers.

Satyam was sold out to College grads this afternoon. And Hitch had everybody in splits. The sad part with Alex Hitchens' practiced effrontery is - that after all the cheering and clapping, you realize that, that's one more idea you're not going to be able to pull-off as an original.

Soon after, we were at the Fruit Shop on Greams Road and I tried the Blue Dot Special. Best described as a strawberry banana combo, it irks me why the name chosen is so incongruous.

Late in the evening, Ashu, Kaus, Rohit, Zerish and myself gathered at Elliot's Beach after a lazy, stuffing meal at Eden. A powercut had us visiting a pitch black seaface. And despite the crashing of the waves, the eerie darkness made the place a whole lot quieter. I hadn't slept in the last 35hrs., and wasn't expecting much sleep tonight. Cheeru is arriving at an unearthly hour on Sunday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

I love the "Cottage cheese and pasta bake at Eden" :o)

Next weekend you take me along too... on your 'cycle'! ;o)

Wed May 04, 04:10:00 am  
Blogger z said...

I had the Cottage Cheese and Pasta Bake!

Wed May 04, 09:17:00 am  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

And you liked it?

Wed May 04, 09:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home