Sunday, October 17, 2004

Okie Dokie. I was lucky to be awake at 9 on a Saturday Morning. Picked up Arun and rode down to Sree. Its good when life's in schedule. As long as the Digital Film Festival is on, Saturday too, has an itinerary. Today was the third installment. And it sucked. Big time.

Except for two films which I kind of enjoyed. 'Eating Out' - ten minutes of a conversation between a couple at a restaurant. I had trouble with the British accent again. But the stuff was superbly executed.

This other one was on something most people wouldn't want to discuss - 'All the Girls I've Loved before'. The bloke actually went about making a documentary on women he'd had relationships with. I don't know why the chap trivialized falling in and out of love. But then, its his life.

Lunch was at Sree Mithai at Spencer Plaza. We were both starving. I ordered a Pav Bhaaji and Arun helped himself to a generous lump of Bombay Halwa. It was only when Arun went for some Pakoda that I realized, we two - were the only 20-somethings in the place. There were only Uncle and Auntyji's around. With their well-fed kids. Luckily, there's no dearth of food joints in an arcade.. Felt more in place at the Fruitshop. The Cheeku shake was a filler.

At Nungambakkam. She just stopped. I thought it was a petrol issue. So I switched to reserve. Curious onlookers watched as I struggled to get her purring. When I finally pulled out the fuel tube, I realized there was no fuel flowing thru. I'd read about the air-locks which get formed in the petrol tank. So, unscrewed the petrol tank cover. Still no fuel. This was getting annoying. Decided on sucking the fuel into the tube. Did just that. Apart from a few millilitres of the fluid, nothing else flowed. Plus my mouth reeked of alcohol. But I got her running, eventually. He he.. I managed to turn her on after blowing into her..

Evening, me and Shombit were ogling at the other ladies. The Royal Enfield company-owned showroom was recently inaugrated at Besant Nagar. Has been beautifully done. The flooring is painted to resemble a highway. Mirrors are strategically positioned to help you get a feel of how you'd look if you owned one.. The lighting - all done up using Bullet headlamps.. And the most ego-boosting experience of them all - parking your own Enfield outside, while the lesser mortals gape. Ok.. the slight exaggeration hurt no one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CPR does work ... if u know how!

Thu Oct 21, 02:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home