Sunday, May 01, 2005

0500hrs Meenambakkam Airport was all set for a family gathering of sorts. The way it happened with us, while two of our buddies (Cheeru and Adi) were arriving, three other mates (Naidu Gaaru, Freddie and the Hulk) were scheduled to depart. I've never celebrated a homecoming and farewell concurrently. And I suppose, neither had Thuks, VJ, Jai, Dil or myself. The merriment, coupled with steaming Coffee and Britannia 50:50 outside the Sangeetha Foodcourt at the Aerodrome, was simply 'elevating' ! Perplexed bystanders didn't quite understand what the fuss was all about and must have been delighted after we finally left the place at around 0645hrs.

The sky was overcast and the light drizzle followed by the cruise back home, did wonders to my already ecstatic mood.

The cake-cutting and gorging is now a standard for all celebrations at home. Somu Dada, Pondy and Delta also joined in the ruckus. And our Landlord was at his sarcastic best 'Amit has come eh ? That's why you're behaving like noisy school-children'. I couldn't help agreeing with him.

Cheeru made a difference by flying in chocolates by the truckload. His plans to bring along Stella Artois and the venerated Budweiser were thwarted because he was already overladen with Chocolate. I've lost count of how many bars of chocolate I've thrust my teeth into. Believe me, even the Pepsodent kid would genuflect when told of the way I have feasted.

The Cheeru Way..

Prema treated us to piping hot Idlis and Sambar Vadas and despite the enormous quantity prepared, all the vessels were licked clean.

Sometime in between all this, Cheeru found the time to remove his Long Johns self-hoisted atop the shower. This was 2 months back. Glad, the man was home again..

1 Comments:

Blogger Amit Jain said...

Thanx dude for such a nice welcome and such a nice description. U glad that I am back or coz I took the Long Johns self-hoisted atop the shower ;-)

Thu May 26, 11:24:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home